Thursday, May 12, 2011

im trying to buy a new camera comparing the nikon d80 and the nikon d40x?

im trying to buy a new camera comparing the nikon d80 and the nikon d40x?

Answer by Dr. Sam
If the money is not an issue, get the D80.

The D80 has 11 autofocus zones and they can be grouped for dynamic focus while controlling the general area of interest. The D40 only has the three on the horizontal. Nikon claims that this would not make any difference to most users, but I have found the top and bottom zones quite helpful and would not like to do without them.

The D80 has an LCD on top of the camera for status, which the D40 does not, but the D40 uses the 2.5″ rear LCD for camera status between shots. This is certainly easier to read, but I don’t know how it is to live with day-to-day, as I have never done this. It probably makes sense.

There is no depth-of-field preview on the D40, but there is on the D80.

There is no exposure bracketing and no white balance bracketing on the D40, but there is on the D80.

The D40 will not autofocus with some older Nikon lenses and the D80 will. If you do not have some lenses from a Nikon film camera already, though, this would not be a problem for you.

The D80 is larger and may feel better in your hands.

Enough?

Answer by JB
d80 is better
it would help t have a link to a website, so i wouldnt have to go look the up myself

Answer by fhotoace
Dr. Sam is right!

By all means, buy the D80 … it will give you more flexibility and get a lot of the features found on the D200.

The D40 and D40x Auto focus only with AF-S or AF-I lenses

Answer by TomTom
exactly, what is your question

Add your own answer in the comments!

Car transporter E
nikon d40x compare

Image by THE Holy Hand Grenade!
Car Transporter seen in Emeryville, CA (on Hollis near 53rd…) – the trailer looks quite small compared to some I’ve seen. Tractor is a Freightliner Century, 2003 or newer… Taken by a Nikon D40x with a Nikon 18-55mm non-VR kit lens. (at 23) Lower ¼ of original photo cropped off. (The rear-view mirror of the pick-up I took this from…) Fill flash used…

N.B. This is the 4001st shot that this camera has taken: 350± were taken before I got the camera, as a re-manufactured body

quality, ease of use of camera, flexibility, etc….want honest opinions here, as compared to others. Just bought one but not sure it was the best choice or not. TU!
first slr I’ve bought and first I’ve gotten to use. Asked a lot of questions when I bought it, but wanted opinions while I’m still in the window of return/exchange….

Answer by fhotoace
It is the “hottest” entry level DSLR to date.

I wonder why you would buy one and then ask the question?

Take a class in photography and then enjoy your new camera.

Two links you might enjoy

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40x.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

Answer by siljeforfaen
I love my D40x. The image quality is amazing, as well as the overall camera quality. The camera pretty much does everything for us amateur photographers. I’m not sure what you mean when you say flexibility…it’s not too flexible compared to pocket-sized digital cameras, and it’s not something to throw in your purse on your way to a party. If, however, you’re wondering if it is flexible as regards to editing, you do have many flash options, as well as on-camera editing options, such as color changes (b/w, sepia), red eye removal etc.

Take a look at some books on digital photography (I should do that myself since I am a beginner when it comes to advanced digital cameras) or sign up for a class. You’ll get that much more out of your camera experience. Enjoy it, and don’t return it :)

What do you think? Answer below!

my new nikon d40x ive only got the 18-55 mm f3.5-5.6G lens, but im hoping to get a 50mm f1.8 or 55-200mm
Video Rating: 0 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment