Sunday, May 29, 2011

Panasonic DMC-FX07 digital camera - how do I rotate video shot with it?

Panasonic DMC-FX07 digital camera - how do I rotate video shot with it?

panasonic digital video camera
by Poagao

I have recorded reasonably a bit of record in vertical, widescreen mode and have so far been unable to find a program that allows me to rotate the record for viewing.on the computer.

I have learned that Windows Movie Maker allows record rotation but only supports the later record file formats:

.asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

Unfortunately for me, the Panasonic file format is .mov (or QuickTime Movie format) which is not supported.

I really want to be able to post these videos online but don’t want them to have to be watched ‘sideways’ if you know what I mean.

I am new to ‘Yahoo Answers’ and will be looking forward to receiving any thoughts, comments, suggestions or answers to this question.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bob

Answer by fhotoace
Whether using a compact digital camera or camcorder, the way you shoot the record is the way it is showed on your monitor or TV monitor. It is no different that shooting film

There are no inexpensive programs where you will allow you to rotate each image frame 90 degrees one at a time or in a batch.

Next time shoot your record horizontally and be done with it

Answer by TomTom
quicktime pro

Add your own answer in the comments!

Last chance
panasonic digital video camera

Image by Poagao
Sandy asking for the last time. A still from a movie I’m working on.

More info at www.poagao.com

I’ve been questioned to edit a film (roughly 20 mins) before Mid-January. The raw Clips were place onto two tapes. I took these tapes and tried putting both of them into the Digital Record Camera (a Panasonic NV-GS35EB) I have at home and connecting it to my Mainframe via USB. But, I can only access the Pictures on the Camera’s memory Card rather than the footage from the tapes. May maybe Somebody please show me where I’m going incorrect?
I’ve been questioned to edit a film (roughly 20 mins) before Mid-January. The raw Clips were place onto two tapes. I took these tapes and tried putting both of them into the Digital Record Camera (a Panasonic NV-GS35EB) I have at home and connecting it to my Mainframe via USB. But, I can only access the Pictures on the Camera’s memory Card rather than the footage from the tapes. May maybe Somebody please show me where I’m going incorrect?

I’ve tried clicking that, but Windows Movie Maker can’t find the camera.

Answer by reyontiveros
You need to use the firewire port (and cable) to transfer the record to the computer. the usb port is only for transfering the pictures.
If you have windows, use Movie Maker and the “capture from record device” option.

Answer by Record Man
The USB transfer is too slow and does not work with record. You need to use a firewire cord to do the transfer. This is because the transfer happens in real time as you play the record on your camcorder and the transfer rate with USB is too slow.

Another option is to send the tapes in to be converted to digital files by a professional. Stashspace.Com does this for $ 7 per hour tape and can place the files online for you to watch, edit, combine, and customize.

Check them out at http://www.stashspace.com or give them a call.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Panasonic Lumix FZ18 camera review by What Digital Camera magazine www.whatdigitalcamera.com More camera reviews www.whatdigitalcamera.com


No comments:

Post a Comment