Monday, May 30, 2011

What is the best photo storage site for professional photographers?

What is the best photo storage site for professional photographers?

Some years back, my friend was an excellent film weddign photographer. She had a complete set of Minolta cameras, lenses, flashes and accessories. I have recently purchased for her a Sony Alpha digital body and all her accessories work well and she’s ready fo rher first digital gig. I know there must be many online storage options for publishing and sharing and presenting her images to her clients offering competitive pricing on prints and photo albums and such… was wondering If any professional digital photographers can shed some light on what might be the best site(s) to consider. Thanks!

Answer by Dr. Sam
I am NOT a pro, but I use the pro version of Flickr. You can look at my photos and also use this as a springboard into the rest of the site, where you will find thousands of awesome professional photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samfeinstein/

I ordered some prints from Flickr just to see how they were. They are of extremely high quality and the price seemed reasonable. I didn’t order enough to get any volume discounts, either. I took the index print and ran it under water. Then I rubbed it with my fingers and then I dried it off with a towel. Once it dried, you could not tell that anything ever happened to the print. I am extremely impresed.

Answer by fhotoace
Pros usually do not store their images on the Internet. They make three CD’s of each shoot. One goes to the client, one stays in the office in a fire proof safe and the other one goes home … into a fire proof safe;

We do have some of our images posted on the Internet, but they are very low resolution and cannot be used in any commercial way.

Loading a few thousand 4MB and larger files to a storage area on the Internet would take far too much time. If you attempted to store RAW images, the time to upload would become ludicrous.

Using a business website for your client to visit to check out images from their event and order from those images is done all the time. But the originals are never housed there.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Framing a Tufa
sony digital camera accessories

Image by satosphere
Digging through my archives, I found this one shot from a trip to Mono Lake while visiting the Eastern Sierras for shooting Fall Colors.

The tufa towers are quite a unique formation, presenting a geological feature that occurs quite rarely. I am certainly glad that it is within reasonable distance to where I live. The towers, having been formed over thousands of years as carbon di-oxide bubbled through fissures under the salt-lated lake, offer unique photographic opportunities. No wonder sunrises and sunsets are dominated by scores of photographers in all kinds of cameras from all over the place. I have seen a lot of film medium format, digital medium formats from Hasselblad and Mamiya attached to what I consider are ginormous tripods, all kinds of full frame and film SLRs and every kind of landscape photographer trying to hone in their skills while braving the elements of cold weather in the one hour of light at sunset and the even colder sunrise. It is not uncommon to see large groups from workshops as well.

While I don’t ever think I can best my own shot, I am going to keep trying nevertheless.

Due to the large dynamic range, this image is best viewed on black.

Mono Lake
CA USA

Hello. I just recently bought a brand new Sony cybershot 8.1 DSC-W100 digital camera off the internet. I have 2 weeks to decide if I wanna get a 2-year warranty for $ 34.99. I just got it in the mail today, and noticed that when zooming in / out, it makes this little scratch, static noise. Is this normal for a new camera like this? if not, I think i’m going to have to get that warranty

(the camera is new, but the box is opened. Cause the company that sold it, said they had to test it, to see if it works. Fine with me. It came with all the accessories, booklets, pappers, cables, battery-charger, etc, just that it has one problem.. or so i think)

(I checked several functions and they all turn out good so far… Is there any other important stuff, to check for? make sure its fully working with no problems?)

Answer by TomTom
sounds like their is dirt in the zoom.
you can go to adorama and buy a 3 year camera warranty for 29.95.
look your camera up on the site and over on the right will be the mack warranty.
I have one for my camera.

Answer by John P
It is normal for the lens to make a slight noise while zooming in and out. Nothing out of the ordinary. $ 35 will add 2 years onto the one year that you already get, so you would get 3 years parts and labor warranty for your $ 35, that is definetly a good deal, as long as the people selling it to you can make good on it. The only problem with buying stuff like CAMERAS on the internet is if you have a problem, you cant just walk to the corner camera store where you purchased it. Good Luck.
www.hoopercamera.com
sales@hoopercamera.com

Answer by weir m
Personally I would buy the extended warranty either way, it’s a way of keeping your products value intact.
I suggest you shop around for your extended warranty.
Third parties offer cheaper service contracts and give better service.

Answer by Brian H
Zoom adjustment noise is normal however if the camera has video capability, you may want to pay close attention to segments recently shot to see if these sounds are being picked by by thecamera’s mic!

What do you think? Answer below!

.. Pro Digital Hard Lens Hood For The Sony ALPHA DSLR-A900, DSLR-A700, DSLR-A350, DSLR-A300, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A100, Minolta Maxxum 5D, 7D Digital SLR Cameras Which Have Any Of These (16-105mm, 18-200mm, 70-300mm, 24-105mm, 16-80mm, 18-250mm) Sony Lenses

  • <#1> Pro Digital Hard Lens Hood With Rear Locking Ring
  • <#2> DB ROTH Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth
  • Adapter Tube Included If Needed

The Lens Hood is one of the most important accessory you need for each lens you own.A lens hood provides multiple functions: preventing image-degrading lens flare by blocking stray light from striking the surface of the lens, it enables your lens to give you the sharpest photographs with the best contrast and most vivid colors, in inclement weather, it can assist in keeping moisture or wind-blown debris off the lens; and it protects the front barrel from the inevitable impacts against walls, doo

Price: $ 9.95


No comments:

Post a Comment