Sunday, May 29, 2011

Which is the best camera for me? Nikon/Canon/Fuji/Sony?

Which is the best camera for me? Nikon/Canon/Fuji/Sony?

I’m looking for a new camera, the one i had before was a sony which lasted long and had a fantastic quality. I questioned my cousin who is a photographer which was the best brand and she said nikon and list, which i don’t really know well, so i wanna read a few advices. I’m looking for a small camera, $ 150 max., fantastic quality, bright colors in the pictures, excellent features, and that the batteries last long, also i want to know about the memory cards, so which is the best brand for you? and which camera do you recommend me (not necessarily from the list)? What do you reckon about Lumix, Kodaks, Fuji and others?

These are my options by now

Nikon CoolPix S220 Plum 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom, 2.5″ LCD

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S930 Silver 10 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom, Bonus Case Built-in, 2.4″ LCD, Image Stabilization + Your Choice Memory Stick Bundle

Olympus 12.0MP Digital Camera – White (FE-4000) (I DON’T KNOW THE BRAND)

Fujifilm FinePix A220 Silver 12MP Digital Camera Bundle includes Fujifilm 2GB SD Memory card, Deluxe Camera Case,

I know that expensive doesn’t mean better so these cameras are from 90 to 150..

Answer by Lohit Mohanta
Just pick any one and go clicking. The slight difference in features for these cameras would not matter much. But if I have to choose a cam under $ 100, it would beyond doubt be List A480. It takes fantastic macro shots. Just like that cam. Do take a look at the review.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

The Retirees
olympus digital camera cases

Image by Voxphoto
These are the four cameras I used between the ages of 10 and 29. In additional words, most of what I know about photography, I learned by shooting with these.

Today, none is 100% usable, for innumerable reasons. Since I own reasonably a few more capable cameras now, I haven’t bothered having these overhauled. But I keep hanging onto them for sentimental value. Maybe I’ll make a show case sometime, if I can scrounge up an exact match for my very first camera, a late-version Argus 75. [Update: got one!]

The Kodak Retina I is from about 1937, and was my first 35mm. It was a hand-me-down from dad, along with a separate light meter in a musty leather case, which I’ve lost track of. The fold-open design is wonderfully compact and clever, and I reckon my like for pocketable cameras beyond doubt started there. The Retina stayed my "travel" camera for many years despite its ridiculous age.

While that camera is really still working, the shutter cocking and firing feels a bit fragile to me, and I don’t want to push it. It’s 72 years ancient! Plus, I bought a fantastic 1952 Retina IIa which is only a shade larger, but adds rangefinder focus and a really nice f/2.0 Xenon lens.

The Kodak Instamatic 500 here is not the first one I used. That camera was officially mom’s (and I have no memory of where it finished up), but I did get to use it for a year or so. The 500 was an unexpectedly excellent model made by Kodak’s german subsidiary–heir to the Nagel camerworks who made the Retina series, really. I took some entertaining shots as a 10-year-ancient with that camera.

Unfortunately the selenium light meter is mis-reading on the one I have now, and I only have a small stash remaining of Verichrome Pan cartridges (expired 1989). I’m not too excited to spend eight bucks a pop to buy new 126 film.

My next hand-me-down from dad, and my first "serious" camera, was this Pentax H1. It’s weirdly co-branded with both "Heiland" and "Honeywell" markings, which I judge dates it to 1961. This model has an unlabeled clickstop on the shutter speed dial which "ought" to be 1/1000 second; on mine it just made the exposure taper across the frame, charitable a eerie gradient effect. That 55mm f/2.2 Auto-Takumar is one of the funky ones where you have to manually re-open the diaphragm after each shot, using the cocking tab on top.

This model has no light meter, but originally dad bought the "cyclops eye" meter that clipped over the pentaprism and coupled to the shutter speed dial. It looked reasonably ungainly; and I have a vague, shameful memory that I may have ultimately thrown it out. (I live in dread that a gang of Pentax collectors is going to rough me up in an alley someday.)

Today the Pentax’s shutter only works from time to time; anyway now I’ve got a "modern" Fujica ST801 I can use to engage in any M42 screwmount mischief. I do still reckon the H1 is reasonably a substantial camera–surprisingly small for the era. I might still try to find a Pentax H3v someday. It’s very similar to this, but with a working(!) 1/1000 background, fully-auto diaphragm, and a self-timer.

This 1975 List TX was my 16th birthday present, and I kept using it for 13 years more. Really, correction: I used the birthday camera as photo editor of my high school yearbook; but within a year it was stolen. Then a couple of very cool teachers stunned me by secretly taking up a collection, and presenting me with the money for a replacement (which is the camera pictured). Marty & Tom Friedlander are still working at my high school today, and I’m still incredibly grateful for that kindness. That was the era when photography really hooked me, and I started carrying a camera everywhere.

The TX’s full-aperture TTL metering seemed incredibly cutting edge to me at the time. But really, this model was sort of an über-basic "List K1000" –if you see what I mean. I was sold on the advantages of the FD breech-lock lens mount, though. Apparently a lot of additional public despised it, because List replaced the breech-lock with the twist-on "New FD" series soon after.

This TX is still usable. But the viewfinder has gotten ridiculously cloudy (fungus?), and years ago the side trim ring snapped off the rewind crank. It needs a hearing aid battery substituting for the first mercury cell to meter correctly. My first 50/1.8 shown here has a stuck aperture, but I just picked up a replacement.

The TX was a solid, workmanlike model, but it always struck me as oversized and boxy (having been spoiled by the Pentax). It also just felt a bit rough and unrefined (the shutter goes off with a startling "clash"). When I finally encountered the wonderfully svelte Olympus OM system, it was like at first sight. Now I’ve got 3 OM bodies and a half-dozen lenses, and that system has stayed my main axe for 20 years.

Fascinatingly though, I noticed recently that the prices on ancient List FD lenses have dropped through the floor (largely because they aren’t easily adaptable to any modern DSLR.) List made some outstanding, professional-level optics, and now they seem to go for half the prices of their OM equivalents (they’re still huge & beefy though). Is the breech-lock fated to come back into my life? Stay tuned…

I have an Olympus FE-370 digital camera and the screen is cracked on the right. I can’t see anything and I don’t know how it happened since it was in it’s case in my purse… any suggestions how to fix or replace the screen? Or would I be better off getting a groundbreaking new camera… which would be cheaper? help please!!!

Answer by Elle
Best Buy will fix around $ 75 for my camera screen.

Please answer mine: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090728105657AAAiaLy&r=w

Answer by Legozwei
You will need to contact the manufacturer to find out how much it would cost to repair it, and then compare that price to the cost of new cameras.

Give your answer to this question below!

DISCOUNT LINK WWW.AMAZON.COM Digital Cameras Olympus Digital Camera Kit includes: ♦ 1) Olympus XZ-1 Digital Camera (Black)♦ 2) Spare Li-50B Battery for Olympus♦ 3) Precision Design C190D Digital Camera Case♦ 4) Transcend 8GB SecureDigital Class 4 (SDHC) Card♦ 5) Precision Design Memory Card Storage Wallet♦ 6) Sunpak FL-VL Flash / Record Light with Bracket♦ 7) Sunpak Platinum Plus Digital Camera/Camcorder Case♦ 8) LCD Screen Protectors♦ 9) Precision Design 5-Piece Cleaning Kit With the Olympus XZ-1 you’ll capture high-quality 10MP still images and 720p HD videos in any shooting environment thanks to its quick, super-bright built-in 4x wide-angle 28-112mm (equivalent) f/1.8 zoom lens, and super-sensitive 1/6.3″ CCD sensor. The 3.0″ OLED LCD displays 610000 dots in vivid color, reproduces colors and shades more accurately with deeper black tones, and consumes less power. Increase your shooting capacity with this powerful LI-50B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Protect your digital camera with this high-quality, padded carrying case. Take more high-resolution pictures nearer (4MB/sec. minimum) with this 8GB High-Capacity SecureDigital (SDHC) memory card.Keep multiple memory cards protected and organized with this durable storage wallet.The Sunpak FL-VL’s powerful wireless slave flash and integrated record light can greatly improve the overall quality of both digital still images and videos in low lighting situation. This padded carrying case includes a zippered main


No comments:

Post a Comment