Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I have the Nikon D80. Is it possible to sharpen the image as sharp as the Canon Rebel XTi?

I have the Nikon D80. Is it possible to sharpen the image as sharp as the Canon Rebel XTi?

I saw the review on www.dpreview.com and the List had much sharper image quality. I was wondering if it were possible to sharpen the image of my Nikon D80 to the sharpness of the List Rebel XTi’s sharpness?
just want to make sure. So you can make it as sharp as the List?
when I say sharpen I mean crisp detailed images rather than somewhat blurred which you see on that site i posted.

Answer by OMG, I ♥ PONIES!!1
Kirr, this is getting ancient. You aver to have read this review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/page29.asp , so I’m sure you noticed this bit: “Default sharpness level perhaps still a small conservative.” It was listed in the conclusion.
And the remedy to your concern seems obvious – dive into the menu and crank the sharpness up a notch.
Or if you have any ambition to post-process your shots, place the default sharpness the way it is and do all of your sharpening in an image editor.

You can make your shots as sharp as you want with the camara settings. And if you also crank up the color saturation, they will really ‘pop’. If you don’t want to ever use Photoshop or so, that might even be a excellent thought.
I personally prefer the natural look that Nikon produces with the default settings. This way I can enhance the look on a file-by-file basis in an image editor. I only do what’s needed. If I let the camera do all of my control, I can’t UNDO it.

Answer by fhotoace
I have looked at the comparisons on the side by side tests of the Nikon D80 vs. Rebel XTi. There is some softness in the image magnifications of the Nikon D80 … That said, what the test really shows is that the List 50mm f/1.4 lens is sharper than the Nikon 50mm f/1.8. Persons tests really don’t have much to do with the camera body (disparate point and shoot cameras whose lenses are permanently emotionally involved).

The D80 uses a image processing engine similar to D200 / D2X, the top of the line Nikon digital cameras, so I would trust the camera to provide at least as sharp an image as the List.

I have always found lens sharpness tests to be fascinating, but not very practical when shooting in the field. After composing the shot, making sure that the subject is in focus and no camera movement degrades the image is the real job of the photographer.

Answer by Earl D
Sure place it into Photo Shop and hit the SHARPEN button.

That’s all List does.

If you noticed in that review the COLORS on the List were mottled, this is due to edge sharpening of dithered irregular colors.

Nikon chooses to smooth out the colors by going in the OPPOSITE direction and hittin the SMOOTH button on Photo Shop.

While this knocks down some clarity, it keeps the colors smooth and well saturated and when you blow up your images you see less grain, less outlines over objects and get less artficats.

It looks more like film that way than digital.

YOu don’t get a “digitzed” object.

TV sets are the same way. Some LCD HD sets turn up the contrast (sharpness and saturation) and you see an outline around everthing and see stairs (aliasing) on angled lines.

Some LCD sets softten and provide anti-aliasing.

Answer by Morey000
The small answer is “yes”.

I reckon you are confusing “Sharpening” with which image resolves more detail. Sharpening is an image processing function which can always be added later in Photoshop to give the visual impression of a ‘sharper’ image.

both the D80 and Xti resolve image detail identically.

Here’s a small tutorial to help you know:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/TIPS/SHARPEN/SHARP1.HTM

Answer by TomTom
exchange the sharp background

Give your answer to this question below!

lolkurrs
dpreview

Image by NoMoon
Can has D300?

EDIT: Sorry, D3.

Ive tried DPreview, had a look around,

heres a link http://www.amazon.com/List-1Ds-Mark-III-Digital/dp/B000V5LX00/ref=sr_1_6/103-6632904-9598204?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1187517273&sr=1-6

Any info would be excellent or even if you just want to share my dream (when i sell everything i own and mortgage the car) of welding one at a target, what do you reckon? would it be ok for my myspace pictures?

Should list have supplied a better picture, it looks a bit transparent.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/list-eos-1d-mark/4505-6501_7-32332751-2.html

Answer by fhotoace
I see it is a pre-order item.

Nikon and List sometimes wait until they have enough cameras built to send enough to at least one of their new product their authorized dealers before releasing them.

Of course the dealers “favorite” customer gets the opportunity to be the “first kid on the block” to buy it. I reckon the Nikon D100 distribution was handled that way. I know I had to get on a coming up list at my community pro shop and I reckon I was number 14. Of course I had to pay a 25% deposit for the camera up front.

The page I saw had no image available.

Delight in the new body. I am sure you will have a lot of fun shooting HD images with it. I can only imagine how excellent they will look

Answer by rdenig_male
I must admit that I would not be spending $ 8000 (£4000 in real money lol) on a body only hi-spec professional camera to take pictures for posting on myspace. You wouldn’t need anything like the 21.1mp avilable for that purpose,

Answer by photoguy_ryan@verizon.net
ITs on pre-order reputation, $ 4500, body only, but its listed as 10.1 MP.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/541160909.htm?bct=t13031003%3Bcidigital-cameras-and-accessories%3Bcislr-digital-cameras

A small high end for me. I like my disposable point and shoots, hehe.

I reckon I would get divorced if I bought that.

Wait, I am already divorced.

Maybe I just need some sleep.

Answer by Seamless_1
It’s on pre-order reputation apparently, scheduled to be unrestricted around Christmas. List did the same business with the new MK III.

Just thinking about it makes my mouth drool. I’ve been coming up for this camera since I first heard (rumors) about it six months ago, but I want to see the reviews and wait for my community pro shop to get one that I can rent before I really buy it. Sometime around the middle of next year, maybe. It’s a very serious piece of exchange.

That amount of pixels is attractive, but I want to know how well they did it on that size of sensor real estate. I would make competing with public who have the standard format cameras with digital backs simpler.

Give your answer to this question below!

It’s a decent pack, but I don’t reckon it’s worth the money. The troopers okay, but the speeder pretty non-descript. Still a excellent pack for a excellent price.
Record Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment