Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fuji S700 7mp camera??? I just ordered one.... does anyone else have one?

Fuji S700 7mp camera??? I just ordered one.... does anyone else have one?

I just ordered one from HSN.com. I have a Sony Cybershot T-33 which WAS (it’s ancient now, lol) a top of the line compact digital camera when it first came out and I am expecting this to be a step up (though this is not a compact camera in anyway). Does anyone have any knowledge about this camera or ones similar? I am only asking because it is back ordered and I still have time to cancel. I bought it since it was free shipping and had payments, lol.

Here’s the Fuji I just ordered

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/ts/default.aspx

This is what I have now (the Sony)

http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/digital-cameras/sony-cybershot-dsct33_reviews.html

Thanks!

Answer by Dr. Sam
This camera is so new, I can’t find any actual reviews on it. At least your price seems pretty competitive and it’s not a close-out item, which you see on some TV shopping shows sometimes. It looks like a decent camera, of its type. They say that it has “picture stabilizer,” which is not really right. If you read closely, you learn that it really raises the ISO automatically to allow the camera to select a nearer shutter speed. This would likely result in a picture with less blur from vibration, but maybe more digital noise, especially from the 1/2.5″ sensor.

Some previews:

http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3486

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2105823,00.asp?kc=PCRSS05039TX1K0000750

If you wanted right optical image stablization – if this is the reason you bought this camera – you might look into the List Powershot S3-IS. It costs about $ 50-60 more, but it’s very similar and it has right image stabilization.

If you were not misled by the Fuji term “picture stabilizer” when you bought the camera, it looks like an okay camera – again bearing in mind that there are no reviews out there yet. Fuji’s a excellent company.

This will be a major step up from your present camera.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

I need some advice on choosing my next digital camera. Right now I own a Sony point and shoot, and while it takes excellent pictures, down the road after I go I’m ready to upgrade to something better, especially since I have a nice powerful MacBook Pro that’s capable of doing more.

I’m also realizing that I may not be able to get one device that “does all”. I may have to hold a combination of devices to get exactly what I need. Below I will post my needs, as well as the choices of camera types I’m looking at (even if I’m not sure about model numbers AT ALL. ANY help would be MUCH APPRECIATED!).

My photography needs are as follows: I need something that will take brilliant photography, especially in terms of scenery. I want a camera with brilliant picture quality. I also need something that shoots HD record. Not sure if I can get this in a camera or if I should invest in a separate record camera for this feature. RAW shooting would be a nice plus, but it wouldn’t be required if I can find one that shoots in JPEG at as excellent of quality. I’d like something smaller and lighter so it’d be simple to carry, but if quality would be better, than I’d settle for larger (like a DSLR. I may maybe even go a combo route and get both a point and shoot and DSLR). Removable lenses is something that would be nice, but again, not required. I’d also like to be able to geotag my shots, and this may maybe be done any in camera or with a separate card that does the geotagging. I wouldn’t care any way how it works.
Here’s what I have to choose from. I want to know which one (or combination of these) would be ideal for me. As for brands I’m considering Nikon on a digital camera, and if I went with a record camera probably a Panasonic since Apple and Macworld have agreed them excellent ratings. DEFINITELY NOT SONY:

Compact Point and Shoot (similar to what I have now, only more updated with all the new features)

Advanced Point and Shoot (larger, probably higher quality pictures, just without the manual controls of a DSLR, some offer RAW)

DSLR (larger, manual controls, high picture quality, removable lenses, RAW shooting, not compact)

If I needed a record camera, here are my choices:

HD Camcorder-Tapeless/AVCHD (I would need something that’s not too large so that I may maybe take it on trips. I want tapeless since it’s apt the new standard and it’s simpler to manage, AVCHD format since my Mac handles it well, beyond doubt shooting in full HD)

HD Camcorder-Flip Mini Stylishness (the small, compact, flip mini-stylishness camcorders. They shoot in full HD, but I’m just not sure if they’d do the job for weather reports or not)

Now onto software. Currently I use iLife ’09 for my photo/record control on my Mac. iPhoto and iMovie are fantastic for cataloging and control my photos and videos, but I probably may maybe use a small more. Here’s my choices in photo/record software. Any I hold would be the Mac version. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

Photo Editors:
Photoshop Elements (excellent for control point and shoot and non-RAW photos)

Photoshop CS Extended (the advanced version of Photoshop for Mac. I’d get a deep student money off)

Adobe Lightroom (another pro photo editor from Adobe. It’s had excellent reviews)

Aperture (Apple’s pro photo editor. It’s had brilliant reviews. Not sure if I would need that alone or combined with an Adobe package)

Record Editors:

Final Cut Express (pro record editor, step up from iMovie, not sure if its worth it or if I should save my money for a student license for Final Cut Studio, WHICH IS PRICEY)

Adobe Premier (Adobe’s record editor)

Any help, advice, or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Answer by Curious
Well, you’re specs are so long, honestly I didn’t have the energy to read thru them all. But the critical piece of info you didn’t include for any of this is what you’re willing to spend.

Was this just your own pros & cons list for yourself or, as they say on the legal shows on TV, is there a question in there counselor?

Answer by DO
Hi There, I am a Nikon user for myself, but having too many things in one camera is not the best option. Ok then let me break it down for you:

HD record with SLR capabilities, List 500D just came out with it, but I read in some reviews (not my own opinion) that the pictures taken are softer then the nikon entry level pics. The HD record is an edge over the nikon ones.

But you should consider things like ISO noise comparison under low light environment, and of course which brand do you prefer. Do your research if you want the things that you want, I suggest a prosumer Nikon D700 or if money is not an option, D3 or D3X would be a nice touch and get a 1080i record camcorder which are not expensive and very clever.

Answer by Chetan
Hi
I am also an Nikon user.
Check this collection.

http://techfreak.byteicon.com/category/digicams/

Hope this will help you to choose.

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Casio Tryx
With its flipping, swiveling, built-in tripod, wide-angle lens and slim build, the fun-to-use Casio Tryx may appeal to self-likeness fans and party photographers, but serious shooters will be turned off by the features it’s missing.
Read more on PC Magazine

reviews.photographyreview.com A Sony Cybershot TX5 waterproof digital camera sample record and review, made in Mazatlan, Mexico. More on the Sony Cybershot TX5: reviews.photographyreview.com
Record Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment