Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's the best digital camera you can buy for under $200?

What's the best digital camera you can buy for under $200?

I’d like a camera that can capture a lot of people, nature and artistic photos and is easy to use and print pictures off of. Any suggestions for the best camera under $ 200?

Answer by Jpx
a bad one thats for shere. at least put in 350. other wise just forget about it cause it will brake in 3 weeks.

Answer by Helen Y
You can have a look at Panasonic DMCFS3P 8.1MP Digital Camera.
A decent deal for it is only $ 180 now instead of $ 200.
http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=106019&ru=283

Answer by Pythagoras [ECHELON] ₪ ø lll·o.
If you’re going for Megapixels, this one is the best:
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Stylus-1200-Digital-Black/dp/B000UW3E2Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1213151673&sr=1-4

and if you’re going for zoom capabilities, this one is also really good:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX100IS-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B000V1VG4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1213151862&sr=1-1

Answer by Joseph
Canon PowerShot SD750 7.1MP Digital Elph Camera with 3x Optical Zoom would be the best deal for you. Price is $ 175.81 & eligible for FREE Super saver shipping from Joseph’s Amazon Store here:

http://astore.amazon.com/joseph-amazon-store-20/detail/B000NK6J6Q/

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Golden Hour
best digital camera under 0

Image by Scootzsx
I’m not overly pleased with how this shot turned out, but this was the view just after sunset from the Thames Path East at Queenhithe back towards the Millennium Bridge and Tate Modern.

================================================================================

In part the reason for my trip to London on Sunday was to further experiment with taking shots using the circular polarising filter I recently purchased for my camera. This presented quite a challenge because most of the time I take my shots using manual settings following the Sunny-16 rule of thumb, i.e. setting exposure for shots based on my judgement of the ambient light rather than the light detected by my camera’s sensor, which has served me well up until now.

Whilst the Sunny-16 principles for judging ambient lighting remains constant, the addition of a polarising filter on my camera’s lens, that by it’s design filters the light coming into the camera, meant that sticking to the Sunny-16 rule would likely result in many of my shot being considerably under-exposed. One solution to avoiding under-exposed shots whilst sticking to the Sunny-16 rule, would be to adjust the aperture down a few f/ stops to let more light in. However, this would most likely result in either over-exposed shots or uneven exposure which IMO is as bad as under-exposure.

It would be fair to say I am not someone that photography comes naturally to and I have been on a steep learning curve when it comes to understanding many of the basic photography principles and how to go about using a DLSR camera best effect.

So after a wee bit of research on the excellent Digicamhelp website I found out a possible solution to balancing exposure is to still set the aperture based on the Sunny-16 principle of ambient light but, rather than using a standard shutter speed of 1/100 or 1/200 (depending on ISO selected) for every shot, the idea is to adjust shutter speed to achieve an evaluative metering of 0EV, or as near as, using the camera’s light meter readings with the polarising filter fitted.

The only disadvantage I have found in adjusting shutter speed to balance exposure is that it often requires selecting a shutter speed slower than 1/30 secs, which is about the limit for hand-held shots if you want to avoid risk of distortion, so many of the shots I took in London using these settings were taken with my camera mounted on a tripod with a 2 second timer delay. I also used my camera’s mirror lock-up feature when I took hand-held shots under 1/60 secs

im looking for a nice digital camera under $ 200 . i need it to take really nice pictures . im not to smart with megapixels and stuff like that , but i want it to have a good zoom . if you have a dgital camera and really like it tell me ! haha thanks !

Answer by Faith
KODAK M340
SMALL, SIMPLE, ATTRACTIVE, AND TAKES PROFESSIONAL PICTURES
HUBBY GOT MINE FOR CHRISTMAS AND I LOVE IT!!!

Answer by NickP
Look at the Fuji S1800 on amazon.com for about $ 160.00 Has an 18x zoom lens I believe. I have an older Fuji camera. Which was / is out of warranty. The Lcd screen went white. I called Fuji, they told me to send the camera in, if it was the fault as I described it there would be “no charge” if not they would send an estimate. Long story short I rec’d the camera back “no charge”. Now has that for a company to do business with?
A had a Sony product (not a camera) and they told me to take a long walk on a short bridge! enough said?

Answer by I ♥ My Horse!
The nikon L110.
Beautiful quality, simplicity, and all around ease of use.
it even comes with a program to download photos onto your computer!
They are a high-quality, guaranteed, endurable camera that will last you for years to come!
I got mine for $ 138 but I’ve seen them anywhere from $ 99 to $ 300. I recommend Costco/ Sam’s Club/ Ebay!

Add your own answer in the comments!
Seven Tech Trade-Offs Worth Making
To get the most bang for your buck, follow these guidelines about features worth paying for and options to leave unchecked.
Read more on NYTimes.com via Yahoo! Finance

Fujifilm Digital Camera Under 0 & Above 1…Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD www.amazon.com ie=UTF8&tag=ytdslr- 20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN =B003ZHV70M 2..Fujifilm FinePix HS10 10 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 30x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD www.amazon.com ie=UTF8&tag=ytdslr- 20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN =B0035WTVZA 3..Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR 12MP Super CCD Digital Camera with 14.3x Optical Triple Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD www.amazon.com ie=UTF8&tag=ytdslr- 20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN =B002HMCBEC 4..Fujifilm Finepix S8100fd 10MP Digital Camera with 18x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Optical Zoom www.amazon.com ie=UTF8&tag=ytdslr- 20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN =B0012Y0BIE 5..Fujifilm Finepix S8000fd 8MP Digital Camera with 18x Optical Image Stabilization www.amazon.com ie=UTF8&tag=ytdslr- 20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN =B000U5ROZE
Video Rating: 0 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment