Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Photographers: best professional digital camera & photo software?

Photographers: best professional digital camera & photo software?

I hope to do photography professionally one day. Im finally able to get rid of my sony cybershot and upgrade to a professional digital camera. In anticipation of I can afford more, right now I’m looking for something under 700.00. I saw the Sony – Alpha 10.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera now at Best Buy and thought it was nice. In your opinon, what is the best brand? And what camera would you reckon best? Also, I hear that that in anticipation of I can upgrade to the cs3, that photoshop elements 6 is the best photo software to go for. One of the features I’m really looking for in a program is one that allows me to black-out and/or change the background of a picture. Thanks!

-Abby

Answer by Tiana!
Go to the local camera house and buy a millenium 2930. Then go and take pictures of things and sell them over ebay. You will get heaps of money then you can pay an established photographer to take photos then you can enter them in competitions and win.

Answer by Gee Wye
Get a hold of numerous reputable photagraphy magazines and Consumer Reports magazines. These sources will give you a lot of excellent information as to what to look for in a camera. As to brands, no one brand is “the best camera.” For many being I have told my friends that the best camera is whichever camera is best for YOU. Basically, you doubtless won’t go far incorrect with any brand of modern SLR camera. Get the most pixels your budget can affford and you’ll be on the right track. Another thing to look for in digital cameras is the speed. All too many fantastic once-in-a-lifetime shots have been missed because the digital camera someone was by was way too slow! This is one area in which film cameras are still king! Excellent luck!

Answer by veito da costa
Most people will say either Canon or Nikon, and you have shown sense by looking at the Sony, and not be converted into a ‘Brand Junkie’ and going with the flow.
Most people who say those 2 brands never use it in manual mode anyway, and shoot it in auto mode all the time.
I, for myself, use a Pentax K110D, and K200D. The K200D has dust and water seals, anti shake, 10.2mp, and come with an brilliant kit lens. Came with an 8gb card, for less than £400.
Also, as it uses the ‘K’ mount, there are plenty of cheap lenses out there.
Message me if you want to see results of what it can do, and I will send you a link to my http://www.redbubble.com/ profile page.
As for software, then CS3 has to be the best. Elementsis ok, and Paint Shop Pro, brilliant VFM.
Free go software, Picassa3 from google, and Paint .net are both woth downloading, as they have some simple quick fixes on there.

Hope this helps.

Answer by hasicit
have a look at the fuji S3 or S5 pro cameras.
12.3 Mg pix camera of choice for colour contrast /tones ~comes with hyper utility software a fantastic program .
from £500 for body ~check a review out.
All my cameras are fuji.
hope this helps

Answer by Chris B
Well… Sony alpha is a very excellent camera (it caries Minolta technology!) but I am not sure for its future for professional use (not only the specific camera but all sony). When you buy an SLR you choose the brand that suits you best(philosophy, design, ergonomics). SLRs have a conundrum: if you start with a specific brand you “must” stay in that brand. Lenses, sparkle illumination and all the equipment made for an entry level SLR is exactly the same for the state of the art camera body of the same company. If I were you I would buy one of the three main brands (Olympus, Nikon and Cannon have a long tradition in photography) depending on the best offer that is: which offer gives more than one lenses and/or other equipment. That would be a real investment. I hope that I helped you. For photo software I’m sorry but I am not the right person.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Alien Cat
best professional digital camera

Image by ˙Cаvin 〄

Like a one similiar to Nikon D70, something of that range and having similiar features and producing best quality digital images. I am running a photography studio, I usually deal with wedding photography.

Answer by Voltaire wrote the book: Candide
Just make sure that it has an XLR port for an external microphone.

That is how you know you’re not export a load of shit.

If it has XLR port for microphone, then you want to focus on its color engines. Dont worry about all the special effects (leave that up to your video editing software).

Answer by Princess Jenny!
I like to stick to Canon.

PLease help me with my question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuexthjwNEN6UOoBxN4fncu0xQt.?qid=20070710170851AA5CjFu

Answer by antoni m
goto dpreview.com and equate them

without more info your question is like whats the best racing car simalar to an indy car, if you are running a studio you should know a small about DSLR’s?

Answer by Eric B
you’ll want a D200 or D80.
They offer the most flexability in terms of preformance are price. In the end it isn’t really what camera you have but the lens you screw onto the front of it. Any nikon or canon DSLR down to the D40 can give you Pro results.

Answer by jmillies74
I’m a professional photographer working in an architectural photography studio. We’ve been very alert about making the switch to capturing digitally. We mainly use 4×5 view cameras for the majority of our work. Extensive testing led us to buy the Canon Mark II. It’s an exceptional camera that we use for anything we would have traditionally shot 35mm or 120.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Smoltz goes Nationally
John Smoltz spent 22 being as a professional baseball player. He'll spend this week as a professional golfer in the Nationally Tour's South Georgia Classic at Kinderlou Forest Golf Club.
Read more on Chattanooga Times Free Press


No comments:

Post a Comment