Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Are camera reviews useless ?

Are camera reviews useless ?

I’ve been looking at digital cameras.The Nikon P 90 looks nice. But the reviews range from it’s lousy to it’s great.Well, it can’t be both.Are some reviewers just hard noses ?

Answer by Matthew
It’s just opinions, the problem with reviewers is that if they like something they give it the top review, while if they don’t like it they give it the lowest review, few people answer in between.

Answer by camera troubled
ha ha, hence my name when I first logged in looking for help picking a digital camera!

I spent months reading reviews. I like the ones which show you samples of pictures with fine detail, different lighting and colour wheel samples, etc. Keep reading. Also, I bought at Henry’s after narrowing it down to two choices, bought the first choice and returned it to get the second choice which I am happy with.
My brother films movies, he said at the end of the day all digital cameras are roughly the same for photo quality.

Answer by Sharly ♥
Well, I am just like you, unsure of what camera to get because of the quality. Since I am getting money for christmas, I am going shopping on Black Friday to get a new camera, I hope. If not, I will have to stick with this Kodak Easyshare. All the advice I can give you is to try to get the camera most people like, and that of course, you like.

Answer by casperskitty
User reviews are going to be like that. Some people have one little problem with a camera, usually their own fault and they decide they hate it. And they never buy that brand again. Then you have good photographers who know that the brand isn’t really important, not to the craft anyway. And they can have a bit more perspective.

Anyway, try a site where the reviews are more controlled and conducted by people who know what they’re doing.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=nikon_cpp90&show=all

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0902/09020303nikonp90.asp

Answer by GG
It’s important to look for a review of somebody that used it, shows you the performance, and gives you the pros and cons. That way you can see for yourself what you like and don’t like about the product. People who made the camera do reviews and are unreliable because they will automatically say it’s amazing, so choose your sources wisely. Consumer Reports is very reliable.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Nikon P6000 – Digital Zoom
nikon digital camera reviews

Image by scottwyden

My wife is getting a Nikon D80 Digital Camera (top of the line). She really wants a laptop computer with good specs to handle her new photos. I am looking at the Dell Vostro 1400, you can view it here: Ihttp://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/vostronb_1400?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=bundlestab If I go with the second one on this page I get these specs:
Processor – Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270 (1.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache) I may upgrade this if necessary.
LCD Panel – 14.1 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD Display
Memory – 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM
Hard Drive – 120GB 5400RPM Hard Drive (This I will upgrade to 250GB to hold more photos)
Video Cards – 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS
Before the Hard Drive upgrade from 120GB to 250GB it only costs $ 599 after an Instant Savings of $ 384. So far I have seen good reviews (4.7 of 5). I am not sure if I should upgrade the Processor? Do you know of any Laptops with these specs for the same price price range?

Answer by Tim B
Read this little review of the Dell Vostro. Websner seems to like it.

http://www.websner.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=45

I would upgrade the processor and RAM to the max price you want to pay.

I bought the HP 530 and I really like it.

Answer by Scott P
The laptop hard drive can hold many pictures, but my suggestion will be the external hard drive. You can use the laptop hard drive as the processing hard drive then save you photos to external hard drive. For laptop specs:
http://shop3.outpost.com/search?cat=-59456&pType=pDisplay
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~cabcat0500000%23%230%23%2311a~~cabcat0502000%23%230%23%23o~~f118%7C%7C324742~~ncpcmcat138500050001%23%230%23%23z&list=y&nrp=15&usc=abcat0500000&sc=abComputerSP
There are so many good ones, don’t just limite to Dell….

Add your own answer in the comments!
Fujifilm FinePix F550EXR
Fujifilm’s FinePix F550EXR is a feature-rich compact camera with a big 15x zoom lens. It even adds a few controls and goodies for photo enthusiasts—but its image quality is underwhelming, especially for the $ 350 price.
Read more on PC Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment