Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Which digital SLR camera is best for me?

Which digital SLR camera is best for me?

I have some experience in photography and using SLR cameras. I want to get back into it, and I am looking to upgrade my ancient slr camera for a digital one. I have read many reviews but I am stuck trying to map out which would be the best for me. I originally plotted on purchasing the Nikon D5000 because I have read that it is best for someone who is serious about photography but also relatively new to dslr, which is exactly what I want. But, now I know that it is life discontinued and that the D3100 would be it’s replacement I guess? I am so confused. I want a excellent quality camera like the Nikon 5000 which was also more in my price range and more for someone starting out where I am. Should I go for the D3100 or just try and find the D5000?

Answer by Tobasco
Any will be fantastic. The huge selling point with the D3100 over the D5000 is that it can autofocus while shooting record. For photography, that doesn’t matter.

I’m sloping to recommend you get the D5000 and spend the money you save from not getting the D3100 on another lens.

Speaking of lenses, be careful. Any Nikkor lens that doesn’t say “AF-S” in its name WILL NOT autofocus on any the D5000 or the D3100.

Excellent luck!

Answer by mister-damus
Well your answer will depend on what camera you have now (can you use your current lenses on a digital SLR? If so, then you might consider getting the same brand).

The Nikon D5000 is not the only camera for “serious photography”. Any SLR camera is excellent for serious photography. Considering that all SLRs (film or digital) work basically the same, they’re all the same for persons new to SLRs. But then again, you should already know this if you in fact “have some experience in using SLR cameras”.

So as you can see, it doesn’t really matter if you get the d5000 or the d3100 – they will both give you excellent quality pictures and will be simple to use (as long as you read the manual that comes with it).

Give your answer to this question below!

My husband is buying me my 1st digital SLR for Christmas and I wanted to do some research on what is the best starter SLR out there. We are looking to spend no more than $ 700, and it must come with the camera body and lens (and if it comes with more, that would be a bonus). I am looking to get into basic photography (shooting pictures of my children, outdoors shots, maybe some wedding photography–as a leisure activity not as a paid photographer– to get an thought of lighting, angels, and such). I was looking at the Nikon D40 and that seems to have a fantastic review, but I’m just curious as to what else would be out there. Also, what are excellent websites to buy from? Thanks

What do you reckon? Answer below!

Pentax K7 14.6 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera Body Kit, with with 8GB SD Memory Card, Spare DL-I90 Type Battery, Slinger Camera Bag, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit

  • Compact, magnesium alloy body: One of the smallest DSLRs in its class, the K-7′s compact, magnesium alloy body lets you travel light while still maintaining durability and build quality.
  • 14.6 megapixels: The redesigned 14.6 megapixel CMOS sensor offers improved noise control, four direct output for nearer image capture and movie capture capabilities. Plus the new sensor offers the ideal combination of resolution and file size, allowing for large prints and cropping flexibility.
  • 3 inch LCD: The 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dot resolution is perfect for detailed image or movie capture and review and is ideal for the Live View function.
  • Weather, dust and cold resistant: The K-7 is weather, dust and cold resistant (to 14° F or -10° C), making it ideal for use in any environment.
  • New PRIME II Image processing engine: Quick 5.2 frame-per-second shooting with the powerful new PRIME II Image processing engine, which features quick circuitry and low noise image processing. Ideal for sporting events or any quick-action situation.

The Pentax K-7 features a rugged, yet compact body design with a 14.6 megapixel CMOS sensor rebuilt from the ground up. Packed with advanced features such as HD Movie Capture, 100% Field of View, 5.2 FPS and a 3 inch LCD Screen with Live View. The Pentax K-7 is compatible with every PENTAX lens ever made, the K-7 offers an plenty of long- anticipated new and improved features that are exclusive to the camera and combine to make it a tremendous photography tool.

Price: Too low to show

Nikon D3 digital SLR camera review by What Digital Camera magazine: Part 2. Part one: uk.youtube.com More camera reviews: www.whatdigitalcamera.com
Record Rating: 4 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment