Saturday, May 14, 2011

Olympus camera lens comparison?

Olympus camera lens comparison?

i have this lens right now, but the tabs that attach the lens to the camera are broken, so i have to get a new one. i cant find any repair stores in my area (New Orleans).
which would you recommend for a new lens to my Olympus E-520? and whats the difference? i currently have the first lens link (broken).

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-14-42mm-3-5-5-6-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000Q68PQY/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3LPVPP2WYCNES&colid=2NZ3B4MTM2VKY

Other option:
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-40-150mm-4-0-5-6-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000Q639S8/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3UGF0LF3OWPFP&colid=2NZ3B4MTM2VKY

and would the glass lens protector from my old lens fit the second lens if i decided to get it?

thanks!!

Answer by fhotoace
I am not even going to guess how you broke the bayonet fittings on lens. If they are broken, there is a good chance that the camera body has some damage as well.

The bayonet fittings at the other end is for attaching your lens hood. The internal 58 mm threads are used to screw on filters (and add-on lenses)

I don’t know why you would not want to buy the 40-150 mm lens. It is a good one for shooting everything from head and shoulders to sports, action or wildlife.

Of course you will need a new 14-42 mm lens so you can cover all the subjects you are used to shooting.

Go to this link and take care of your issues

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_servicerepair.asp

Answer by William
Yes, they both have a 58mm thread, the protector will fit. The second one is more like a telescope, you cam zoom in much closer at 150mm vs 14mm.

Honestly I recommend the 25mm pancake. It’s not a zoom but it’s a great everyday lens. And it’s metal so you can’t break it (very easily). If you want to shoot up close-er; the 14-42 is better. If you want to get the details off something pretty far away the 40-150 is better.

Answer by Mark
If you want only one lens then I have to recommend the 14-42mm, it is a short zoom that provides wide to short telephoto which is a very good general use lens. The other lens to to zoom in on things that are farther away.

I added some other photo dealer links in case you want to check options.

My 2 cents. : )

Good luck on your decision.

Mark

Give your answer to this question below!

roundhouse I
olympus digital camera repair

Image by contemplative imaging
Saturday, July 25, 2009

Greenfield Village
The Henry Ford Museum
Dearborn, Michigan
www.hfmgv.org/

Olympus E-510 DSLR
Olympus ED 9-18mm f.4.0-5.6 wide-angle zoom
ISO 400 SHQ

9mm — 1/20 — f.8.0

I had an olympus (FE-100). One day while trying to juggle with an armload of misc. I regretably decided to go ahead and drop my camera, along with a few others, into the KFC bag I was bringing my b/f on break. As luck would have it, green bean juice spilled out from those quality carry-out containers and invaded my camera. I turned it on to see if it still worked after I had cleaned up the juice and it did, for a second, and then went dark. The lense is stuck out and I havn’t been able to get it working since. It’s not exactly a high end model camera so I think I would feel silly taking it to a specialized camera shop where the repair price would exceed the value.
Maybe it wouldn’t?
Maybe there is an alternative to try?
Maybe this has happened to you…?

Answer by betternher
The only true fix would be to buy a new camera especially since you say that your camera is not very high end.

Answer by antoni m
This has not happened to me I would never eat KFC for breakfast.

Its shot its last shot.

a

Answer by Edwin
Well you can use that one for a paperweight now. Time to go camera shopping.

What do you think? Answer below!

LCD Screen Display For Olympus FE-4020 FE-4040 X-940 FE-5040 Type A ~ DIGITAL CAMERA Repair Parts Replacement

  • LCD Screen Display
  • For Olympus FE-4020 FE-4040 X-940 FE-5040 Type A
  • Some model are without backlight and may be request soldering
  • DIGITAL CAMERA Repair Parts Replacement
  • T10 Screw Tool(other tool may be also request)

Price: $ 36.00

Whats up YouTube, Today I unbox the Olympus SP-800UZ. I talk you threw all the accessories that came with the camera. Hope you all enjoy and please do check out my other videos. Thanks Kieran Twitter: www.twitter.com Email: titillatingtechnology@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment