Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I am looking into purchasing the Nikon Coolpix S550? Should I buy it?

I am looking into purchasing the Nikon Coolpix S550? Should I buy it?

I am looking to buy an excellent quality camera with excellent picture quality, lens, etc.

I’ve read some reviews about the Nikon S550, but I’d like to know what you think. It would be especially helpful if you owned the Nikon Coolpix S550 and could give me some feedback about it (both positive and negative). If you have this camera, did you get a USB cable with it?

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod2396.htm

If you have any other recommendations I’m looking for a digital camera:

10MP
4-5x Optical Zoom
Inbuilt Battery (Lithium Ion Battery)
Preferably compatible with SD Memory Cards

No more than $ 300AUD

Thanks in advance.

Also, I’ve heard Panasonic, Canon, Nikon and Sony all make very good cameras. What do you think?
LeMacPere: Thanks for your helpful answer but I was under the assumption that the Nikon Coolpix S550 had an inbuilt battery. Or maybe it takes batteries?

Answer by LeMacPere
U wanna stick with Nikon or Cannon cuz they are the best. I have the S550 and I love it. I really like the pictures it takes, and the manual options are good. The 5x optical zoom is wonderful. I really dont have any complaints about it. If u get it, just make sure u get an additional battery. U never want to be without a battery! And if it helps, it takes my 8gb card, and I’m sure it’ll take the higher ones too. It does take SD cards, the most versatile memory card out there! Good luck!

Answer by Navaneeth N
COOLPIX S710 is better and economical

COOLPIX S710, a premium compact camera that not only masters the ease-of-use a compact camera offers, but also successfully incorporates many of the functions creative photographers demand from their traditional SLR cameras like Program, Aperture, Manual and Shutter priority modes. Further expanding the Style series of COOLPIX cameras, the S710 features 14.5 megapixels of ultra-sharp resolution, the precision optics of a 3.6x Zoom-NIKKOR wide-angle glass lens and the contours and fine finish of a stainless steel body.
"With the S710, Nikon is further distinguishing itself as a leader in design and innovation,” said Bill Giordano, general manager Marketing, COOLPIX products for Nikon Inc. “The COOLPIX S710 answers a consumer demand to offer familiar creative options available to digital Nikon SLR users in the compact, easy-to-use design of a COOLPIX camera.”
For sharp photos, the COOLPIX S710 has four features to reduce image blur: full-time Optical VR Image Stabilization technology, which compensates for camera shake; a new Motion Detection feature, which automatically adjusts the camera to a higher ISO sensitivity setting and shutter speed, enabling the user to capture sharper images of moving subjects; Best Shot Selector, which snaps multiple frames and automatically selects the best one; and a high ISO range. The S710 leads the COOLPIX S-series of cameras with outstanding ISO capabilities up to 12,800*, providing a superior range for low-light performance.
The Nikon COOLPIX S710 will be available nationwide beginning September 2008 at a MSRP of $ 379.95

Give your answer to this question below!

I miss Paris!
nikon coolpix s550

Image by wilnora
Today marks the 7th year Dad, Pam & I went to the beautiful city.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26108/COOLPIX-S550.html

Paid $ 200 for it + shipping… you think I bought a good camera.. I just want something simple like that to bring to vacations with me to take pictures

Answer by fhotoace
Why would you think such a thing? Did someone you know tell you that?

For the price, you got a lot of camera; 10MP sensor, image stabilization, a state of the art Li-ion battery and something not found in cameras in that price range, a 5x optical zoom.

Add your own answer in the comments!

www.amazon.com Check out the buyer reviews about “Nikon Coolpix S6000 14.2 MP Digital Camera with 7x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD” before you buy and get the special price. Just CLICK this amazon link: www.amazon.com
Video Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment