Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cheap place to get a Canon EOS Rebel XSi (With a Lens)?

Cheap place to get a Canon EOS Rebel XSi (With a Lens)?

My dad and godfather both have Canon. I had my eyes set on a Nikon D40 but then my dad tells me I should get the EOS Rebel XSi so I could borrow there lenses to use. It is my first DSLR. Could it PLEASE include a lens!!

Answer by Yen Anh
costco have some sweet package deal now..

Answer by AWriterWandering
Amazon.com has the Rebel XSi, with 18-55mm kit lens included, for US$ 630:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B0012YA85A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235697065&sr=8-1

I seriously doubt you’re going to find it for less than that [new]. If you do, chances are good that it’s a bait and switch scam.

Answer by Elvis
buydig.com
very good and safe place

Answer by zeba00rachel
Check with Costco, craigslist, ebay, or sams Club.

Good luck, and I think the nikon is better.

Answer by Innocence
Well, if you can’t afford the XSi then there’s also the XT and the XTi which are a little cheaper.

Amazon is the cheapest I’ve seen lately… if you can wait until the holidays then the price should drop some more.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B0012YA85A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235698507&sr=8-1

What do you think? Answer below!

Missing Pieces
eos rebel xsi

Image by jbdenham
View On Black

Canon EOS Rebel XSi, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, HDR, f16, 1.3 Shutter, ISO100

There’s a lot of character in old barns. Cracks, chips, raised slats, all showing the wear and tear of several years of standing firm in the rain, sleet, snow, and sunlight. Some of them might be on their last leg, and others may still be standing proudly above whatever it is they are protecting from the elements. But the scars they’ve earned are what I like to see and capture.

That wasn’t always the case. The first few barns I took photos of were broad, wide pictures of the whole barn, or at least one side of it. Even though these shots turned out nice, I knew I was missing part of the story. After shooting one of the barns and while I was leaving, a ladder leading up to a window that had been closed up caught my eye and made me think of what could have been there and what it was used for, as well as why it was covered up? Instead of going back and taking the pictures, I let it go and have regretted it since!

Now when an old barn, or even an old building, is in the viewfinder, I try to take a slow walk around it and see what questions their scars generate. As is the case with today’s image, Missing Pieces. This is a barn that belongs to my church’s Eagan campus – at least it’s on their campus; I’m not sure who uses it. It’s beautiful and big and does have character scars!

The roll away garage-like door on the right is obviously missing a section. Did it rot away, or was it knocked out by an accidental tractor? Why wasn’t it replaced? What’s to keep people from going in and out of the barn? I also love the way the door is slumped down due to gravity having its way with boards and nails that hold it in place.

The gap underneath the door is also interesting in that it’s awfully big! Just about any animal could walk in and out of the barn from under that door. Was it always like that, or is the steps or stoop missing? Did they rot away?

There’s more, like the locks on the doors and chipped paint and raised wood slats. That’s what I love about them and that’s why I like to get close! Three bracketed exposures at f16 made for this HDR image. Tone mapping in Photomatix, with the Spicify filter from Topaz Adjust applied in Photoshop Elements.

I was thinking of buying the 17-70mm sigma lens as an upgrade from my kit lens but I’ve heard that some sigma lenses aren’t compatible with newer cameras. Also would you recommend any other upgrade lenses? I’ve also been thinking about the 17-85mm canon USM IS but I’m open to other ideas.

Answer by Andre M
Always better to stick with Canon lenses. There is nothing else really in that price range and zoom range thats any better. If you want an f/2.8 aperture I believe Tamron makes a 17-50 f/2.8 thats not bad, but unless you really find yourself needing the f/2.8 go with Canon.

Give your answer to this question below!

Get great action shots even when your subject is moving fast! 1. BG-E5
Video Rating: 4 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment