Sunday, May 15, 2011

Any photographers out there? I need help with buying my first SLR digital camera?

Any photographers out there? I need help with buying my first SLR digital camera?

Ok, so I really want an SLR digital camera, but there are so many to choose from. I have looked at a 1000 reviews of different cameras, but I cannot make up my mind. The ones that I like the best are probably Sony DSLR A300 or List EOS 450D. But I don’t know which one is the best, or if there is one that is better out there that is that same price range as the others I mentioned.

I would be grateful for all help! thank you.

Answer by SgtPepper
If you want to start your search again then I have a method for it-

First choose the lenses that you like. Find out the company that makes the best ones and the ones that you can afford. Next you have to find a body that takes persons lenses.

If you zero in on List or Nikkor or Zuiko, then your body choice will be chose by the compatibility.

Spend more on the lens than on the camera body.

Next when you have chosen the lens, look at the innumerable camera bodies compatible with the chosen lenses. Find the ones that fit in your budget after having chose on the lenses.

Then check the features that you require and find the one that fits in your hand and is comfortable to use.

If you have plot to buy one of the two models that you have listed above then, once again do the same business. Hold both the cameras in your hands and see which one feels comfortable.

Answer by Sound Labs
There is only one company that makes dSLRs that has a line meant right at the first time dSLR owner that is new to photography terms and controls.

Sony Alpha models A230, A330 and A380 were just launched. Do a search on persons three models.

a few to get you started

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/AA230/AA230A.HTM

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0905/09051804sonyalphas.asp

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158A230L/Sony-Alpha-230-Kit-w-18-55mm-Lens.html?search=sony+a230

Answer by Jayden W
i have the list 450d and it is GREAT but i dont know anything about the sony dslr

Answer by Paul Hxyz
The Nikon D3X is the best digital SLR in the world – it retails at $ 8,000 without a lens. I want one, but its really overkill – even for me.

Are you going for a new or used digital SLR? What assortment of lenses do you want? And most importantly, what is your budget? Nikon has a spectacular array of lenses and the ergonomics of the cameras calculated by Nikon are superior to the ones by List. I own a List G10, but that’s not an SLR. If you have a low budget and just want to break into the DSLR scene you should get a Nikon D40 and concentrate on putting your money into the lenses. Nikon also has a fantastic flash unit choice that works exceptionally well with the Nikon DSLR cameras. Your budget will determine what you should get but if you just want something as inexpensive as possible and you want a new camera the Nikon D40 is probably your best bet. I am reduction my money for Nikon D700 but I am not a beginner – I’m semi-pro and I can justify the $ 2,700 expense of the D700 body.

Answer by Anubis’s Right Wing
I would always recommend List, especially over Sony. One of the reasons behind that is: List is nearly exclusively a camera producer. Sure, they make things like printers, et cetera, but their main focus has always been cameras. They have so many more years of trust, quality, and experience than Sony.
Sony produces a range of electronics, and I hear fewer positive reviews about the quality of Sony SLR’s than List or Nikon.

List produces the superior product.

Add your own answer in the comments!

The Taj from Akbar’s Palace
digital slr camera review

Image by Stuck in Customs
Another Nice Workshop Review
Thanks for all the nice emails and tweets everyone; I’m glad you had a excellent time. That is right, I still have no plans for future workshops, but I do be grateful for all the feedback and kind requests.

Chris Stamper wrote an HDR Workshop Review on his blog that was very nice. Thanks Chris – I am pleased you loved it! Keep up the excellent HDR work and fight the excellent fight for us! :)

Nikon D3S Review Continues

I have a Nikon D3S still on loan… and I’m putting collectively some images for my Nikon D3S Review. I don’t have it finished yet…. these things take a while, but, so far, I am very impressed!

In fact, I’m so impressed, that I am going to B&H Photo tonight to buy the full business as a backup to my D3X! (You can see more info there on my Nikon D3X review)

The Taj Mahal from Akbar’s Palace

This image below was made with some textures from my Textures Tutorial. This is the only time that I "color" photos. Many times, I reckon public might reckon that I "paint" on top of my photos, but I do not. Sometimes, but, when I have an image that came out, ummm, a small more dull that it should be, I will give it a texture treatment. Maybe you are like me, and, on occasion, you take what you reckon will be a fantastic shot. Then, you get home, and it just came out sort of dull.. that is always a bummer feeling. To get around that, I often use textures that I have collected from around the world.

Akbar’s palace has about one-tenth the number of visitors of the Taj Mahal, and it is nearly just as stunning for photography. There are so many fascinating and fun compositions, you just can’t go incorrect. I recommend a full day here and a full day in and around the Taj Mahal. Besides these two major locations, the city streets, alleys, and everything in between are also highly recommended!

from the blog at www.stuckincustoms.com

I’m getting ready to hold my first SLR camera and am pretty sure I want the List Digital Rebel XTi. I’ve seen it in person and read all the reviews so I know the pros and cons. Are there any additional cameras I should know about that are excellent for an amateur photographer?

The one I want:
http://www.amazon.com/List-Digital-10-1MP-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B000I1ZWRC

Answer by david_y_lai
The Nikon D40x or D40
Pentax K100D Super

Answer by angelo
I was recommended to get a D40 with 18-55mm kit lens, which I just bought last Saturday.
So far I was reasonably pleased with it… so I suggest the same.
Remember to invest in excellent Lenses not cameras

Also you might want to see this link:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

All the best!!..

Answer by d5canon
You can never go incorrect in buying the best business you can afford.
Having said that, where to buy to a large extent, it depends on the photographic level you are at.
My definition of an amateur photographer is a photographer who has a excellent knowledge of photography and want to take pictures for camera club type competitions etc., make large prints for viewing, do outstanding quality photography purely for pleasure of making pictures, but does not want to make a living using photography. If you fall into that category, treat yourself to something nice like the List EOS 40D or the Nikon equivalent (you’re asking my opinion here, and I am a fantastic List fan).
If you are more of a beginner in photography, you should probably choose the List Digital Rebel XT or the Nikon equivalent which are less expensive entry level DSLR cameras, and a excellent basic place to start.
Don’t also by a large number of accessories to start with. Add the accessories you really need and want as you grow into them. Select your basic camera system first (List, Nikon, or whatever else you choose on). When you choose a camera system, and start buying accessories for it, you will be “locked” into the system you have chosen because accessories are not interchangeable between camera systems.
I have helped to make an intelligent choice.

Answer by Westport
I have the Rebel XTI and like it. I considered the Nikon D40 as well. Nikon is a lttle more expensive. You need to consider the cost of buying new lenses down the road. The slightly higher price of Nikon harvest will add up. I have heard though that the Nikon is a tiny bit better for the beginner. There is no incorrect answer here though. I would take a look at the Rebel XTI and the Nikon D40. They do feel different in your hand. You might like the feel of one over the additional.

Answer by Edwin
List and Nikon both make excellent entry-level DSLR cameras. But, there are others worth your consideration, IMO.

One is the Sony A200, a 10 megapixel camera with Super SteadyShot (the Sony version of image stabilization) in the camera body. It also has dust removal for the sensor. Since Sony bought the Konica-Minolta DSLR line in 2006, they use the same lens mount – the A-mount – that Minolta introduced with the Minolta Maxxum 7000 in 1985, which was the world’s first full featured auto focus 35mm SLR. Therefore, every Maxxum AF A-mount lens made since 1985 will work on the Sony DSLR line. Sony is also introducing its own lenses using the A-mount. Sony is expected to introduce a full-frame sensor (24mm X 36mm) DSLR in late 2008 or early 2009. Since the Maxxum lenses were calculated for the 35mm film format (24mm X 36mm) they will be brilliant for the new camera.

The additional one to consider is the Pentax K20D, a 14.6 megapixel camera with Image Stabilization built in the body, along with dust removal for the sensor. Since Pentax has kept the same lens mount – the K-mount – introduced in 1975 with the Pentax K1000 35mm camera, all persons older manual focus lenses can still be used with the Pentax DSLR cameras. There will be limitations but you can use them. Of course, all the later Pentax AF lenses will work just fine with the K20D.

Historical Note: In the early 1970′s, Leica contracted with Minolta to develop an “auto exposure” 35mm Leica SLR. The Minolta XE-7 with Aperture Priority and Manual Mode became the basis of the Leica R-3. Minolta later developed the XD-11 which was the world’s first multi-mode 35mm SLR. It had Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Mnaual Mode. This camera was sold as the Leica R-4 & R-5 SLR cameras. Leica also sold the Minolta 16mm f2.8 full-frame fisheye and the Minolta 35-70mm f3.5 and 70-210mm f4 constant aperture zooms under the Leica name.

Give your answer to this question below!

Pentax K-r Digital SLR Camera Red Kit, with DA L 18-55 Zoom Lens, – 4GB SD Memory Card, Camera Bag, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit, Digital Memory Case

  • High quality 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor captures detailed images with high color accuracy and low noise
  • Large 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution for responsive Live View and detailed image/record review
  • Powerful automatic shooting modes, such as Auto Picture mode and innumerable scene modes, take the guesswork out of taking fantastic pictures
  • Quick 6 FPS framerate captures quick action in dynamic environments
  • Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX autofocus system includes a dedicated AF help lamp

The Pentax K-r Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Zoom Lens is that lightweight, mid-range 12.4MP digital SLR camera with a 3x zoom lens that also shoots stunning 720p HD record that you’ve been looking for. It’s got a few additional things going for it, too–like a high resolution 3″ LCD show with 930,000 dots, up to 6 frames per second shooting speed, super-accurate 11-point autofocus system, sensitivity up to 25,600 ISO so you never miss a photo due to low light, shutter speeds up to 1/6000 second

Price: Too low to show


No comments:

Post a Comment