Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Which digital camera will be best?

Which digital camera will be best?

I’ve lately been looking for a new digital camera. Compared to my current Kodak with only 3 megapixels, about anything I’ve looked at has been better. I’m looking for something very compact and can fit in my pocket easily. I also would not like to spend more than $ 200. I really like the Casio EX-Z77 and I also like the Sony DSC-W80. I have heard both excellent and terrible things about both. People seem concerned with Casio due to the possibility of damaging the lens during a fall but I really doubt I will drop it. I really like to take photos and I am looking for a camera with decent photo quality. I would prefer the camera to have anti-shake and possibly Face Detection. Cost is also a major factor in my pronouncement. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help in my pronouncement. Thanks!

Answer by bryan k
kodak is the toughest and excellent price dont spend over 200 dollars just because you want to a 5 mp is far plenty i have one i can place the pictures full screen on my desktop and see 0 flaws perfect–150 dol kodak5mp best deal save some money

Answer by VINTAGE MUSIC
For a small camera I reckon the Sony DSC-80 is very excellent.`I don’t see anything incorrect with this camera. Only 1 second delay between shots and has image stabilizer

Answer by Brent Y
Sony in general has a better rep than Casio.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Do any of you know why Kodak cameras are soo cheap compared to Sony?

Im looking for a digital camera, I don’t need a lot but I don’t want a disposable one. There’s a kodak camera 12 mpixels 3x zoom with 4gb memory card in 60 usd.. I was plotting to spend a hundred on a similar camera (SONY).. so can you give me a review on kodak?

thanksss

Answer by Jim A
Yes because they’re junk. We’ve had so many complaints on this forum about faulty, broken, poor quality and generally junk kodak gear – don’t walk away – run.

Sony we don’t see many problems with and even fewer with Canon or Nikon. Most of us regulars here use Canon and Nikon because they’re simply the best out there.

Answer by Dominic
Agree with the above. Sony’s compacts are the best on the promote in my opinion, and unlike most people on this forum I get to handle most of them. I personally reckon they trump canon and nikon’s offerings.

Answer by Caoedhen
For the price, you are getting a close-out model from Kodak. That, or long discontinued and the store is trying to get rid of it.

I support a user base of approximately 75 point and shoot digital cameras. Each one of them is a Kodak. In the 8 being I’ve been doing this, through 5 model changes, each conundrum we have encountered has been caused by the user, not the camera. I have had exactly 1 fail, and I suspect it was dropped on concrete. These cameras are in use 24/7, in all weather situation, even though they are not designed for the abuse they receive. I have no qualms at all about recommending the Kodak brand.

Sony point and shoots have many more bells and whistles than Kodak, and that is why they cost more. For a basic, just point it and push the button camera, Kodak is as excellent as any other.

Answer by Prel R
You should buy this one Kodak EasyShare Z981 14MP Digital Camera

14-megapixel resolution for stunning prints up to 30 x 40 inches
26x optical zoom and 26mm wide-angle lens; 3-inch bright LCD
One-button upload to YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, and Kodak Gallery sites, plus e-mail
Vertical shutter release, detachable vertical grip; Quick click-to-capture speed (<0.2 sec.)
Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)

Add your own answer in the comments!
Frequently Questioned Photo Questions for April
Dave answers questions about choosing a photo file format, picking scanner settings, understanding how megapixels relate to file size, and more.
Read more on PC World

Now we’re looking at two really different types of Sony cameras. First, we’ll equate the Sony Cybershot WX9 and see how it stacks up against other point-and-shoots. Then, we’re taking apart a Sony Alpha A55 camera and checking out what goes on inside. Stay tuned at the end of the episode for an awesome giveaway. Subscribe for free Sony gadget videos! www.youtube.com More SGNL www.youtube.com SGNL Homepage sony.com Tweet us your thoughts! twitter.com ABOUT SGNL A close-up look at Sony’s gadgets, games, movies and music. (less info)


No comments:

Post a Comment