Thursday, April 28, 2011

Scan Disc card error on my JVC Digital Video Camera?

Scan Disc card error on my JVC Digital Video Camera?

Scan Disc card error on my JVC Model #GR-D370U When I load a Scan Disc Card in my camera it still me to wait and then it say Card Error. I have tried several different cards and the same results. I have the camera set to memory for the memory card.

Answer by Jobe
Oh my. This almost tripped me up until I really dug into it. You have a camcorder that records on tape but can take pictures with a SD card. I think I know what is going on but let me walk through you through it.

There are currently three types of SD memory cards. The original SD card could go up to about 2GB, maybe 4GB (not sure). It is an older format but most cameras and camcorders can accept it.

Next came SDHC Cards. These cards can only be used in devices that are design to take them. From the manual for your camcorder I don’t think it can take a SDHC card.

http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/00/90/LYT1522-001C.pdf

Currently the new kid on the block is SDXC. New camcorders and Still Digital Cameras are just starting to come out with being able to record to the SDXC cards.

If you have the early SD cards and you are getting a card reading error I would re-format or as the manual says initialize the card. CAUTION – Doing this will totally wipe out everything on the card. If you do have stuff on the card copy it to a file on your computer or put it on a CD/DVD disk first.

If you have SDHC or SDXC cards they will not work in your camcorder.

You can still buy SD cards but you’ll have to look to make sure that you aren’t be ripped off. You don’t have to pay a lot, Tiger Direct has them for $ 6 or so:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=2286&name=2GB-SD-Card&Nav=|c:380|&Sort=0&Recs=10

Sometimes they show up at OfficeMax or Office Depot

Good luck.

Answer by meta mayrant
I searched the same question last several days. when trying to find the answer I ended up getting a free Flip video camera from http://www.simplyminoflipportal.tk! mine is coming in the next few days & it’s going to be awesome!

Good luck

Add your own answer in the comments!

My Movie
jvc digital video camera

Image by Coach O.

i delet accidently the vidio that i really need and i want to undo it . is there a way?

Answer by Rashed
First go to the menu and go to tape.
Then go to undelete.
Then get on your magic carpet and go back in the pass.
Then press undelete again.
Your done :)

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Recently, I wrote about how the high capacity versions of Secure Digital cards (officially “SDHC”) were going to revolutionize the digital imaging market, particularly video. Although there are only some 8GB versions floating around, SDHC cards should reach capacities of 32 GB at some point (maybe by ’09 if not earlier). Although several video cameras with SD slots that explicitly support the “HC” variant of the Secure Digital storage specification, are coming onto the market, seeing a combination of SDHC support, 3 CCDs, Hi-Def video, and a 60 GB hard drive in a single camera that comes in around 00 is pretty exciting. The camera is definitely a prosumer (pro-consumer) model but the question is, at about 8x less than cost of our professional Panasonic camera, can it handle our professional needs. We won’t know until we put it through its paces (which we intend to do). But the good news is that the camera is here as is one of its peripherals (for burning DVDs so the HD content — if that’s what you’re recording in — can be easily archived to DVD). But in the meantime, I thought I’d share the unboxing experience with you on video. for more on this, visit: blogs.zdnet.com


No comments:

Post a Comment