Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hi Guys, help me find a right Digital camera with great functions, is sony a better buy?

Hi Guys, help me find a right Digital camera with great functions, is sony a better buy?

I have selected few models in Sony and In Kodak but bit confused which one to buy,

though Sony is pretty expensive compared to Kodak, but kodak is having greater megapixel and zoom function at affordable price,
But i have heard about the problems in lens of the Kodak,

Sony:

DSC-W170/R => http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665339410

DSC-H10/B => http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665337922

W150/N => http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665339398

DSC-T70/P =>
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665199977

Kodak
Z1275
Z1285
Z8612
Z885

http://digitalcameras.kodak.com/

so delight answer ASAP
or else how about the canon cameras

Answer by themind97
i recomend a connon powershot, ther are many types but one of the more simple versions is fantastic. I have a year ancient five megapixel one and it still owks fantastic and ive dropped it many times, plus the resolution is fantastic with simple to use format. Also the functions are simple to use with fantastic results

plus they dont make you look hideous like some cameras if you know what i mean :)

Answer by Jack
I really deeply suggest a Canon Digitial Ixus.
Incredible and cheap. Social and professional photography.

Way too simple to use.

Answer by vezovaio2002
NO KODAK!!

Either buy the first sony one (10.1 mp)
or buy a canon powershot…

but dont buy KODAK.

[[canon is better]]

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

_MG_0884dpp
sony digital camera compare

Image by bluemonkey.
the 5D2 highISO IQ is excellent but its low ISO is dreadful ,with dreadful pattern noise in shadow , I usually see the banding in deep shadow at low ISO when I push shadow more than 25percent or use fill-set alight in ACR.

I dont usually see it at higher ISO than 320.

It is an odd issue , I sent my 5D2 in for service and if Canon fixes it I will use it , other wise , I will sell this camera and get a Sony A900.

And , IMO, in real life , the 7D kills the 5D2 or the A900 in terms of low set alight capability since there is no IS-ed f2.8 std zoom as sharp as the EFS17-55f2.8IS mounted on the 7D or the 50D in Canon /Sony and Nikon full frame system ,the 24-70 is overvalued , the EFS17-55f2.8ISUSM is much sharper than any of those 24-70 from Canon , Nikon or Sony(I dont call it Zeiss , produce it is not a Zeiss, it is an overpriced Coshina lens with Zeiss name on it).

In this vista if I had used my 7D or 50D , I would have only needed ISO1250 or so , but with my EF24-105f4LIS on my 5D2 I needed ISO3200 and the 24-105f4 at f4 is much less sharp than the EFS17-55f2.8IS wide open, and f2.8 on EFS mount gives me a bit deeper DOF than f4 on FF.

So, now I am thinking FF is not worth it for me if I only after the exaggerated FF high ISO routine but I reckon there are some other more vital reasons that make FF really worth considering for some :

1 more DOF options without reaching to diffraction limits.
2 more tonal range at Low ISO and a bit more DR.
3 more prime choices.

IMO, the reason 3 is my main reason to get a full frame…………So, now I am thinking about promotion my EF24-105f4LISUSM and get all prime set up.

1 EF14mmf2.8L.
2 EF24mmf1.4L or Voiktlander 20mmf3.5,which I have on my D700.
3 Sigma 50f1.4HSM or Voiklander 50f1.4.
4 EF85f1.8USM.
5 100f2.8LISUSM.
6 200f2.8Lmark2.
7 300f4LISUSM.

I reckon I will keep my EF70-200f4LISUSM for my 7D and 50D though, for my 5D2 I reckon I wont use any zoom any more other than my EF16-35f2.8L mark2.

I reckon the 16-35f2.8L is underrated unfairly produce of the uselessly huge and super sharp Nikon AFs14-24f2.8Nano, which is not really helpful for many applications due to its huge distoriton and huge size with silly filter-thread-less lens design.

I reckon Canon lenses are usually more matter-of-fact and Nikon bodies are more practial in real life use , for me if I can use my Canon lenses on my D700 or A900 , then it is the best , I dont really trust my 5D2 mechanics , I know how many of my friends had the silly mirror fall-off issue with this camera.

And I personally having the low ISO shadow area banding issue and I am exchanging mine to another one, really I forced local Canon to accept my return although it was already 2 months ancient.

I now strongly believe my previous opinion about FF ‘s future , was about right, it will certainly be replaced by APS-C , as APS-C will certainly catch up with FF in both IQ and speed……………and generally , APS-C dedicated lenses are sharper and less vital than FF lenses of similar kinds.

Possibly with new low price full frame bodies introduced in 2010 , it will be converted into some kind of trend and boom , but it wont last so long produce it is not better in each way compared to much cheaper APSC based systems now available………..doubtless , FF will be new MFvery soon……

Now , full featured ,weather sealed APS-C bodies like Pentax K7 can be had for 90000yen , while cheapest and most basic full frames cost about 170000yen(the A900 is the cheapest in my area).

And as a whole camera(not a sensor) , the Pentax is a much more advanced and well designed camera than the A900(just gallingly huge and slow).

And I expect Nikon D400 will doubtless be an outstanding model, with at least one full stop better high ISO noise routine compared to the current D300s,which is a terrible camera in many ways, then it will be a huge threat to Nikon ‘s own the D700 and in Nikon’s case , DX lens line is much more grown than its FX lens line.

I reckon Nikon is no longer working with Sony on sensor enhancement and designing , but now , it seems like working with Toshiba or Renases.

And I believe Sony , now, lost the largest business partner for its sensor business…. So, now , sony is so hard working on getting Pentax back to Sony land , and it looks like working well , Pentax now by 12.3 mp sony CMOS in the KX,which should have been in the K7.

But Pentax is too small to be Nikon role substitute in Sony sensor business plot.

But I reckon Pentax is ok produce it has developed quite fascinating very unique filed oriented camera system, fo me , it is very vital that all my field cameras are weather sealed like my ancient Pentax LX film camera. And Pentax has very fascinating Digital only primes and some unique zooms that no one elses has.

I reckon Sony is the first one to go out of this business despite of its current promote position being no3 in EU and Plates.

I just hope Pentax will not waste its very small budget R and D money on FF crap but on the K7 series with a bit better APS-C sensor.

The best case for me doubtless is Canon will release 7D mark2 in the size of the K7 body since the EOS7D sensor is a bit better than the K7′s and the 7D is a much quicker camera with much better AF and metering than the Pentax , plus most importantly , I have many many Canon lenses.

The 5D2 is a huge dissapointing camera for me , but one thing I am sure about by now is if I did not get it I’d never know it and doubtless still lasting or longing for it.

Only my personal first-handed experience comparing the 7D ,the K7 ,the5D2 and the D700 side by side , taught me this camera is not for me………….

From now, I will always rent a few camera bodies to equate before spend a bit of my saving on a camera.

If i had renowned about all these cameras as much as I knew it now , I would have bought a 7D or a K7 with some excellent lesnes.

I had a bit serious prejudice against Pentax to be honest and I am seriously regretting it.

The 5D2 may be a excellent high ISO camera but it is a dreadful low ISO camera due to its shadow noise(minor banding noise in deeep shadow at ISO100,200 and 320).

Canon and Nikon DSLR’s are pricey and I am not a professional photographer

I am a photoshop maniac and I like photography as I like traveling to new seats
I heard that sony alpha200k has RAW support everywhere as canon powershot s5 IS doesn’t have

By comparing I found that the price of sony DSLR is quite low
Should I get the Sony Alpha A200K 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera
or do u reckon choosing this camera is a terrible thought

Answer by Andre M
Sony as far as I know, has only recently made a rise in the DSLR world. And as far as it goes, Canon and Nikon cameras really do have it down to an art. But from the look of the specs it seems to be a decent camera. While Sony may not be quite as advanced, they seem to be working hard to get to the Canon/Nikon level. If this is what you can afford then go for it. Just be sure that if you really start investing in the Sony line, that its what you want, because it gets expensive really quickly.

Answer by Jimmy
Konika Minolta got out of the camera business, after decades of high quality cameras, and sold that to Sony. In reality, Sony is the prolongation of the Minolta series. I really chose Olympus for my DSLRs. Olympus has been making cameras for decades and the quality is on par with comparable cameras from other companies, like Nikon and Canon. In fact, any DSLR is competent of producing professional quality images and professionals use all brands of DSLR cameras. Nikon and Canon have the largest promote share, while Olympus is the fastest growing brand. Before settling on that Sony, do yourself a favor and visit dpreview.com. Take a look at the Olympus cameras and equate them with your Sony and the huge boys. You might just find a better value and high quality camera.

Answer by Dani G
There are excellent reasons why pro’s, who could have any camera they want, always end up with Canon or Nikon. In cameras, as in everything else, you get what you pay for.
The best house for camera reviews is:
http://www.dpreview.com
Here’s how the Sony stacked up against other entry-level DSLR’s:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra200/page17.asp

Olympus used to make excellent cameras, but their DSLR’s have been struggling. Sony and Olympus simply don’t fare very well when compared to the leaders in the field.

My advice: get a Canon XS or Nikon D40. You will not regret it.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

2009-10-18 : I bought a groundbreaking new Canon Ixus 100IS camera which was in the similar point-and-shoot range as my previous Sony DSC-T77 slim camera. I wanted to share with average consumers the difference between both cameras, highlight their cool features and a simple comparison. Delight rate, comment and subscribe. Check out more details on my written blog:- bit.ly
Video Rating: 4 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment