Tuesday, April 26, 2011

can the fixed type LCD of compact digital cameras be converted to a vary angle LCD in any camera repair center

can the fixed type LCD of compact digital cameras be converted to a vary angle LCD in any camera repair center

suppose I’ve bought Panasonic FZ18 or Olympus SP 570 UZ..which is basically a compact digicam of fixed lens consisting of a fixed type LCD. Can the LCD be converted to a vary angle type like Canon Powershot S5 IS ? If so, can this be done at any Camera repair/manufacture center or are there specific centers for it ? Is it atall possible at any stage ? I live in Kolkata

Answer by MunkeyQ
In theory yes, it is possible. However, I seriously doubt any repair shop would do it as there is a lot of work involved, which would probably cost the same as buying a varying angle LCD camera.

Answer by Elvis
I really don’t think so

Give your answer to this question below!

Fortis Flieger 24h
olympus digital camera repair

Image by cbmd
This watch has served me well for over a decade now and generated more than a few curious, sidelong glances due to the somewhat unusual face divided into 24h. You get used to it pretty fast (the graduation, not the resulting questions).

Daily use, however, has left some marks and dents. The luminous material apparently became brittle and a chunk has recently detached from the minute hand. I am currently trying to find out if spare hands are still available from the manufacturer and what a repair would cost me.

Update: Spare parts are indeed available, costs (in Euro) are 20.50 for the face, 46.50 for the set of hands ("Zeigerspiel", in German). Add another 40-50,- for the labour. The casing is available as a spare as well, a replacement (including labour) clocks in at 152,- but will probably largely eliminate the labour costs when replacing face and hands. On the other hand, a revision seems unavoidable in any case … so in the end that amounts to 250,- plus shipping for a watch that’ll look new.

Hmmm, I’ll let this sit for a few weeks. It’s not like there are no other watches around.

Illumination: Olympus RF-11 Ringflash.

I dropped my Olympus digital camera while the lens was out, and now the motor is jammed. (I can’t close the lens.) I’m really bummed out because I love taking photos and this camera means a lot to me. My boyfriend bought it for me for Christmas. I haven’t even had it for a whole year! I took my camera to the electronic store where my BF bought it to find out if they can repair it. (Warranty has expired!) I was told that once the motor is jammed, there’s no way to repair it. Does anyone know if this is true? I’d like to take it to the camera shop, but I don’t want to pay a fortune on repairs. I don’t want to buy a new one either. Anyone have any ideas?

Answer by nikonphotobug
Go to eBay and buy a used body. Camera repairs are very expensive (what isn’t now days?) and who knows what will actually work when they hand it back to you. Maybe something else broke that won’t be known until the first problem is solved.

I am not sure but I think if you want to keep the lens, it will only fit an Olympus body.

Norm

Answer by glenbarrington
Unfortunately, the cost of repairs for electronics anymore are so expensive that the broken piece of equipment has to be VERY expensive before it makes sense to repair it.

It CAN be repaired, but it will cost more than a new camera. I’m afraid you’ll have to buy a new or used camera.

One hint, if you love your camera so much that you decide to buy a used one from an auction site like eBay; do yourself a favor and find out what a new one from a local store will cost. I’ve seen way too many people pay outrageous prices on eBay because they got caught up in bidding fever and bid WAY too much.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

OLYMPUS U730 DIGITAL CAMERA REPLACEMENT LCD DISPLAY SCREEN REPAIR PART

  • LCD Screen Display
  • For Olympus U730 U-730
  • Some model are without backlight and may be request soldering
  • DIGITAL CAMERA Repair Parts Replacement
  • T10 Screw Tool(other tool may be also request)

Price: $ 27.00

This video shows you how to fix your camera if it keeps showing low battery on the screen.
Video Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment