Thursday, June 9, 2011

Which camera is better the Canon GL2 or the Sony DSRPD170?

Which camera is better the Canon GL2 or the Sony DSRPD170?

Because i was wondering on buying one of these but don’t know which one please someone tell thanks to all that answer.

Answer by Bob
wow, this is a hard question! because they are both fantastic cameras! I have used the List GL1 and the GL2 I reckon I would go for the List GL2, the reason is that I be-live that List has a better lens.and that your have interchangeable lenses for example if you watch any sporting events all you see is List cameras! dint get me incorrect Sony is a very close second because it has a lot of the same attributes as the Sony! this is a real judgment call! you should go to a near by camera store and place it in your hand so you can get a feel for them and the stabilization on list is better! I hope
that the information that I gave you helps!

Thanks

Bob

Answer by filmphysicsandcars
I would rather have a hdr-hc1. More pixels, 1080i, and its cheaper.

The only draw back is the look of the hdr-hc1. Its appearance makes a lot of public disrespect it next to a gl1 or gl2, dispite its superior picture. The only place where the hdr-hc1 loses to the gl2 in picture is in low light.

When I choose to go up from my current camera i will get a HDR-FX1.

Answer by dr_proctor1
I would really go with the list GL2. I have no problems with sony, but at that level of camera I feel the list is a better camera.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!

Deborah Elizabeth Finn at TSNE
canon gl2

Image by stevegarfield

I just bought a List GL2. I plot on shooting the record with the GL2, and go the DV tape to an older List ZR70 that I already have, to download it to my computer via firewire. Will I see any lower in the record? I wouldn’t reckon so, but I am not sure.

Answer by dvDigest.net
That is awesome that you bought a GL2, you’ll really delight in it.

Now, you won’t see the quality lower at all. In fact, you can transfer it back and forth (from computer to camcorder and vice versa) day and night without a losing quality.

But, there are two things to keep in mind:
1. I’d stick with the same brand of MiniDV tapes. I’d recommend the higher quality Sony, Fuji, or List tapes over the “bargain” tapes ($ 10/tape vs. $ 4/tape).
2. I’d clean your older ZR70 head mechanism (buy a cleaning kit for $ 10-$ 20) to make sure the heads are clean. Dirt from the tape can be transfer to your nice new GL2

Delight in your new camcorder!

Answer by iridflare
I agree with dvDigest, except for the comment about choosing tapes – most camera manufacturers don’t make their own tapes, they just stick their own marks on additional manufacturers’, usualy Panasonic. Agreed that Panasonic are probably cheaper, I’d go with them.

Answer by Alex M
Dv digest gave you fantastic advice, but some of the tape stuff is pure garbage. So long as you dont use super cheep generic you should be fine. I use JVC but only b.c. they are at costco. Any way whatever you do i wouldnt play any of the record back on the gl2 or even rewind or quick forward the tapes on it. This wears the heads unnecessarily and can cut down the life of them and the amount they will need to be cleaned. It makes no difference what you play back the record on and i take the footage shot on my xl2 and play it back on an ancient cheep dv camera. But, using a cheep camera sometimes gives me timecode issues in FCP that my dv deck doesn’t .

Give your answer to this question below!

up for sale on eBay is this List GL2 Record Camera Package that includes the camera, two add on lenses, two filters along with a Vanguard Case, tri-pod with servo and many additional fantastic items. directorzone.cyberlink.com


No comments:

Post a Comment