Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What lens do you recommend for the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi?

What lens do you recommend for the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi?

I have the 18-55mm lens but want something that will do more.

Answer by jeffy
I recommend List EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens for List EOS SLR Cameras
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Y794O?ie=UTF8&tag=bestbuyboystoy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0007Y794O”

Answer by David M
By do more I am going to assume you want more reach. For a longer zoom lens I would look at any the EFs 55-250mm IS $ 250 or the EF 70-300mm IS $ 575. Both are excellent lenses that will give you the extra reach for sports or flora and fauna for example.

Answer by Em
Get a 50mm lens! It allows you to take really sharp photographs with fantastic blurry backgrounds. You can get a excellent one for about 100 bucks!

Give your answer to this question below!

Like of Photography
eos rebel xsi

Image by jbdenham
View On Black

List EOS Rebel XSi, EF 50mm f1.8 II, f1.8, ISO800, 1/60s, 50mm

On Thursday morning, I posted a Tweet on Twitter and Facebook about how much I loved photography and how much fun it was. This was a genuine feeling brought about by a somewhat inconspicuous event that is featured in tonight’s image.

I had just got to work and was walking around the building when, on my way back to my desk, I noticed this object. Really, it wasn’t the object so much as the light upon the object. It was an overcast morning, which typically is only flattering to likeness images, but this morning, it rested upon this object in such a way that made me go back to my desk and grab the List.

I took 13 shots of this object trying to capture it in the way that best reflected the way my eyes were caught by it. This shot was the best of the bunch and after control, I was terribly pleased with it. More importantly, I realized that this unassuming event was something that really pumped me up and got me excited. How was it that a static, impassive frame may maybe have such an effect on me? This was crazy!

But it’s not. It’s part of this evolving vision within me that makes me more alert to these type of images and triggers a creative nature that never used to exist, or at least, never showed itself. This is merely a bicycling helmet resting on a colleague’s desk next to the window, but, behind my eyes, it was more than that. It was something that stirred the creative juices in me and made me excited to be a photographer!

You may not reckon much of the image, and that’s OK. My eyes might be a bit blinded by the emotional feeling that came over me in the process and I may realize at some point that it’s pretty lame. But for now, this may be the most exciting image I’ve taken to date, because it’s the one that has made me realize just how much I like photography and life a photographer!

Also, can I take “professional” quality pictures with it? And what kind of lens should I buy for likeness work?

Answer by fhotoace
craigslist has such cameras for sale in a city near you. With craigslist you will be able to hold the camera in your hands and test it before you handover your money.

Just remember, just having the tools will not make you a master mechanic. It takes a lot of time in specialized classes and experience to realize just the most rudimentary skill sets necessary to get started.

http://kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

Asking what lens you need to shoot portraiture, shows you need to take at least one class in photography. Lens choice, composition and exposure are just a few of the vital skills you will need before you can expect to pursue your “like” of photography with the least amount of frustration.

Answer by cabbiinc
I wouldn’t buy a used Rebel or additional digital entry level camera. They are entry level because of the cost and they dont reasonably make them as well-built as the semi-pro line.

If you don’t want to spend the money on an XSi you may maybe get an XS or XTi. Sure they don’t have 12 megapixells but unless your printing at over 8×10 you probably wont even know the difference. Ritz currently has a fantastic deal on a List 30D for $ 699. The 30D is a semi-pro camera and is built sturdier. You don’t get a lens but you can get one positively cheap. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a used lens. Less stuff to go incorrect and they are usually built pretty solid. If you want a excellent likeness lens the 50mm f/1.8 is a excellent choice and it’s one of the cheapest List lenses you can buy.

Answer by Mere_Mortal
The XSi is still a relatively new camera. Used cameras are not going to be much cheaper than new cameras.

KEH has a XSi for $ 579 new. Most used ebay sales are running at $ 500 to $ 550. Not a huge difference.

http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductList.aspx?Mode=searchproducts&item=0&ActivateTOC2=fake&ID=&Size=&BC=&BCC=&CC=&CCC=&BCL=&GBC=&GCC=&KW=xsi

I would recommend a 50mm F/1.4 for portraiture on a APS sensored camera such as the XSi. Quick, brilliant color rendition and fantastic bokeh. The 50mm F/1.8 is a fantastic value. Worthy of consideration.

Probably should invest in a photography how-to book as well. A “professional” photo is made by you not your camera.

Answer by Fotoz 4 FX photography
Hey, only one question at a time… and not one that contradicts itself.

What do you mean ‘where can I get one… I can’t afford one’ ???

If you can’t afford one, you can’t afford to buy a lens any.

This question is making me crazy.

Add your own answer in the comments!

It’s simple to download, enhance, and share online or in fantastic prints! 1. EOS digital solution disk & list software, 2. List Digital Photo Professional DPP, 3. Simple photo print & Photo stich
Record Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment